- 125g (4 oz) butter or block margarine
- 150 g (5 oz) caster sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 225 g (8 oz) plain flour
- grated rind of 1 lemon or orange
- Grease two large baking sheets.
- Cream the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy. Add the egg yolks
and beat well.
- Stir in the flour and grated lemon rind and mix to a fairly firm
dough with a round-bladed knife. 4 Turn out on to a lightly floured
surface and knead lightly. 5 Roll out to about 5 mm (1/4 inch) thick.
Cut into rounds with a 6 cm (2 1/2 inch) fluted cutter and place on
the baking sheets. 6 Bake in the oven at 180°C (350°F) mark 4 for
about 15 minutes, until firm and a very light brown colour.
Add 50 g (2 oz) chopped dried fruit to the mixture with the flour.